Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A Hidden American "Terma" Revealed...

The letter i sent to my CTR/Vajradhatu-Sangha connection in Boulder Colo., my DeadBuddhistsOfAmerica Dharma-Heart-Brother, Hunter Quarterman (to paraphrase the Grateful Dead in "Truckin' ": "Sometimes the Light's All Shining on Him, Other Times It's Either Clear or Dim...")
(And THANK YOU Peter B. Chowka....)
I just found this magazine from 1976 (gregorian calendar) in my "early Dharma years" suitcase...
The broke capitalist in me immediately thought "Ebay!" & then the Bodhisattva-like part of me surfaced & I wanted to give it to you...
Then I decided I better at least read it first...
And after I did and started really relating to Allen Ginsberg's mental process & aspects of enlightened mind that he was spreading through this interview, including really profound things that some of our Vajrayana teachers had told him...
Well, I thought maybe I should keep it after all and just copy it for you...
So, I'm half-way through it and decide to see if there was anything on the internet re: the album he recorded with Dylan that they created to spread the Dharma back in '71, well before the time of the Rolling Thunder Review Tour which was intended to do the same thing as you'll see in the interview.... (that a friend of mine in the mountains played for me the song "Meditation" from recently)...
And INSTEAD i found the actual interview...
SO... through the wonders of modern technology & thanks to people like Al Gore who created the internet, here you go:

http://members.aol.com/pbchowka/ginsberg76.html

1 comment:

jace said...

It's a pity, this link doesn't exist anymore.